Monday, August 27, 2007

Finding inner peace...

Finding your inner peace is something that doesn't always come so easily. Finding something that truly makes you happy can be hard too, especially if you have roadblocks along the way... Life is general to be exact.

I have found the last 3 years were really hard for me...trying to be happy where we were, and making the best of life in the big city. No matter how how hard I tried it just wasn't working for me knowing we had 5 acres of land in the beautiful BC interior. 5 acres that truly belonged to us. It wasn't a place that we rented, and were limited.
I have longed for a real place of our own for a very long time, and I felt we were never going to get there.

That is finally all changing, and with our move in the spring to Quesnel our dreams are starting to come true...slowly, but surely.

I still find it hard to get motivated to do anything in this rental we are in. Because it is the same thing as before when we were in the city. We have been working on the land, and it has been so refreshing for me. I love spending time there. It is so peaceful, and quiet. We have lots of trees, of which a good lot are Aspen. I love the Aspens. When the wind blows it makes their little leaves dance, and flutter, and it is so relaxing to me.
Yesterday, I gathered rocks for the driveway, and I was so happy to sit there, and create something that will be ours for as long as we are there. I told Greg that I can't wait for us to be out there full time. I long for the day that we can sit on our porch, and listen to the Aspen dance, and flutter in the breeze.

On a different note:
We had friends come up a week ago, and camp out at the land. It was a fun time. We cooked out there, and it was great. We have more friends coming up for the long weekend, and it will be nice to have them here. We are planning a trip to Barkerville, and it will be our first trip there since we arrived.
Well, I have to get busy, I have tons to do this week!!

No comments: