Friday, March 14, 2008

A state of mind...

I have had a change of mind...I don't know why it has taken me this long to realize that eating healthier, and eating wisely makes you feel good physically, and mentally. We have been on the South Beach diet now going on 3 weeks. We just entered phase 2, and we are now able to introduce things we were restricted to eat during phase one...namely fruit, and starches. I have felt better than I have in years, and I am eating my veggies daily, and lost about 5 lbs so far. South Beach isn't so much a diet as it is a tool to retrain the way you think about eating. It gets you ready for eating for the rest of your life.

I have been watching a lot of things on tv as of late, and have found out just how bad refined wheat products are for you. We had pretty much decided to start eating nothing but whole wheat, and whole grains before we started South Beach...you will no longer see white pasta, flour, rice, or bread in our house.

We even cleaned out our pantry of the bad stuff. It is going to be hard to never eat a doughnut, or cake from the grocery store again, because they taste oh so good, but they are oh so BAD for you, in more ways than the obvious. I have never been a big fruit eater, but I think I will be able to manage a sweet tooth with some berries, and fat free sugar free yogurt. :)Splenda is my new best friend. :)

Anyhow, I am feeling pretty confident that this is just the beginning to a much healthier life. :)
You really are what you eat!!!
Cheers!
Jen

No comments: