Friday, August 18, 2006

Vacation time is nearing...

Greg, and I have decided to take a little vacation over the Labour Day weekend...actually a couple of days before and after as well. We are heading up to Quesnel where are land is. This will be our first big trip with Molly, and I hope that it goes well. We are both looking forward to seeing our place, and enjoying the sights of the area around Quesnel. It is so nice up there, we just love it.
We have a few things to do this weekend. We are planning on taking Molly to Sears to get her portrait done. We tried a couple of weeks ago, but she was too tired and cranky by the time we were to be seen. We have an appointment this time. Greg is also getting a tattoo of Molly's handprint on his chest. I have thought about getting a tattoo for years, but never could go through with it, not to mention deciding on what to get. I told Greg he was my guinea pig for the pain factor. He was to tell me if I could handle it or not...then I remembered... a tattoo probably doesn't hurt near as bad as the back labour I endured when Molly was born. So I think I can handle a tattoo...so what to get?

We are having a backyard sale a week from Saturday, and so we have to get ready for that. So much to do!!!
Well, I hope you all have a great weekend!
Cheers!
Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(tried to post this on Molly's page but anonymous comments aren't allowed)

It's definitely good to start reading to kids at an early age. To the best of your abilities, don't stop the tradition, eventually you can even have her read to you instead, but keep reading to her every day until she refuses to let you (hopefully not til she's in the double digits!). Make sure she always has books around. And that sees you reading for yourself. That's so important too.

When she's older and gets familiar with a book you read, you can point to the words as you say them so she starts to associate the written symbols with what you say. When she can talk and you start singing songs, you can also include the alphabet song so she can learn that and the letters. There's so much you can do to help her learn to read early and read often. It will help her so much.

< / early literacy rant >

-Lis