Monday, December 01, 2008

We are moved in finally!!!

Well, after 8 days of moving stuff from our old place to our house...we are officially MOVED! We are officially house owners!! :)
YEAH! You can't imagine how happy I am to finally after many many years to have a place of our own! I can hardly wait to get this place organized, but I am going to take it easy for a day, just to recoup from the move. I was never so glad to be done with that. There came a time when I just didn't have it in me to move another box or thing. I told Greg to help me move a reasonably sized box, just because I couldn't bring myself to pick it up. I was sooooo tired!!

It is all good now, and the house looks like a tornado hit it, but I hope not for long!

Winter has set up shop in Quesnel, though by this time last year we had lots of snow already, and it was freakin' cold!! So far it has only gotten down to -8C at night. It has been hovering around freezing for the high.

We are trying to get accustomed to a wood furnace, and oil furnace.....no wood or oil, no heat.
So far the furnace hates me, and I have difficulty getting a fire going, but usually get it going after fighting with it. I am loving the wood fire smell though, and since where I came from having a fire going was more for ambiance than warmth for the most part, I wonder if the romanticism will soon wear off every time I have to trek down to the basement to load the furnace with wood, or crawl under the deck to retrieve more wood when it is -30 outside. I think we will have to store more wood indoors. We do have a cool trapdoor in the basement we can bring the wood through though, and not have to bring it through the house.


I took Molly for a walk around the yard today, and down to where the two out buildings are....boy there is a lot of junk that we now own!
I guess come springtime we will be doing a lot of clean up.

We are on well water now, and that sure has been a blast from the past. The look, and the metallic smell of the water reminds me of my summers as a kid on Lake Martin. It has been interesting. I think we can get some kind of filter for that, but we are still learning. We have a water softener too....so much to learn!

We are loving it here though....for the first time in a long time we can actually see the stars at night. It will be so cool this summer to sit outside at night, and stargaze. I will have to brush up on my constellations. I wish we were able to see an Aurora Borealis, but I don't think we are quite far enough north.

Well, I am looking forward to having a lot more to write about with having started a new chapter in my life. For so long, there wasn't much to write about. Interesting times ahead! :)

Cheers!
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I have lived in Niagara Falls most of my life, and I think we are located a little bit south of you guys. My point is - I have seen the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) several times during my lifetime. The key thing to remember is - patience!

Congratulations on your new home. Hope you have many years of good memories there!

If you ever get the urge to wander south for a vacation or something - remember to contact us. We'd love to get acquainted, after all these years.

Love,

Cousin Mike

Lake Martin Voice said...

I know what you mean about the water, at Lake Martin we still get all of our water from a pump that takes it right from the Lake. I hope you can get back this way soon!

John C