Sunday, February 04, 2007

I will never use regular cat litter again...

We have a male cat named Pico. He is 5 years old. About 6 months ago we quick using the scoopable litter that we have for years. His litter box would just reek from the strong ammonia smell of his urine. So, we tried the crystals, and he would try to eat those. Then Greg brought home these pine pellet things. I was apprehensive, because I thought it would be really bad. Well, to my surprise they work really well. They absorb all the bad smell, and you can't even tell Pico uses his box, unless he just made a big stink, but that goes away. You can scoop out the poop, and after a week I just dump the whole thing, and add fresh. The pellets become a powder after they absorb, but there is no mess really. I highly recommend using the pine pellets if you have a cat. It is better for the environment as well. :) They come in different brands, so just ask you local pet supplier.

Cheers!

No comments: